Welcome to the second edition of RSG’s Spring Newsletter. We hope you enjoyed our first edition. Hope you and your family are keeping safe and well as can be expected in these difficult times.
Remember our dedicated Care Services Team continues to work to provide
supports to as many services users as possible during this time. So, please phone the office on 090 66 25852 or 086 4425212 with any concerns you might have.
We had a great response to our last edition’s quiz, the winner of the 30-minute holistic massage, aromatherapy and reflexology session with Marion …. wishes to remain anonymous but congrats!
Stay Safe, Stay Well
We are all currently facing one of the hardest challenges of our lifetime
and we may feel concerned or affected by changes we must make to our daily life.
Now more than ever, we need to look after our physical, mental and emotional health.
Below are some suggestions:
- Please limit the amount of people coming to your home for your safety and welfare and the safety of your carer.
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet.
- Keep hydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
- Don’t sit for too long, exercise within the house and outside weather permitting and get some fresh air.
- Plan your daily routine and set goals.
- Get good quality sleep.
- Stay connected with family and friends by writing a letter or by phone calls.
- Do what you enjoy.
- Keep your mind active by reading, puzzles jigsaws or gardening or listening to music.
- Keep taking your medication as prescribed by your GP.
- Please inform your Home Care Support Worker/ PA if you or a member in your household feel unwell before they call or during their visit and don’t hesitate to contact your GP.
- Importantly, if you feel unwell don’t hesitate to contact your GP.
- In the event of emergency Dial 999.
- Avoid watching or listening to too much news bulletins, it can become overwhelming.
- Talk about your worries.
Safety Awareness – Do what you can – With what you have – Where you are
- To prevent falls, use your mobility aids, declutter rooms, and wear appropriate footwear and good lighting, particularly at night.
- Check smoke alarms and have a fire blanket or fire extinguisher in home.
- Check your Pendant Alarm once monthly with network, and wear pendant at all times.
- Stay secure in your home.
How Do Banks Facilitate Vulnerable Customers?
Banks are acting to facilitate access to their money for customers unable to manage their own banking due to isolation requirements / illness. To respond to the government’s recommendation that persons over 70 years and those who are more susceptible to contracting Covid19 stay at home, BPFI banking members have moved quickly to put in place specific supporting actions.
Please see dedicated phone numbers:
Bank Phone Number
AIB 061 436943
Bank of Ireland 1800 946 146
KBC 1800 804 472
Permanent TSB 1800 218 000
Ulster Bank Ireland DAC 1800 656 001
Private Health Insurers Temporary Waiver of Subscription Fees
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, the private hospital network has entered into a temporary agreement with the public health system so there is one single health system to meet the healthcare needs of everyone during this crisis. In recognition of this, the insurers will waive a percentage of contributors` premiums for a period of 3 months starting in May.
Why are manhole covers always round?
Answers to firstname.lastname@example.org , first person correct answers wins a 30 minute holistic massage, aromatherapy and reflexology session with Marion!
For the Sudoku fans why not try the following:
For more click here
Song for Our Heroes
Why not take part in our ‘Song for Our Heroes’’ one of our DALE Centre program initiatives for this month acknowledging the hard work of our front-line community homecare support and personal assistant staff during these difficult times.
So, we are inviting you to get involved to discover your creative side so you can either recommend an existing song or suggest some lyric changes recognising their commitment.
All ideas to email@example.com regarding song or suggested lyrics, music etc., no matter how small!
Look out for our emails and text alerts to our exciting DALE Centre Program offering for the coming month including interactive baking with RSG and our gardening tips and lots lots more!
So, take care all, stay safe and stay informed.
CEO of RSG