County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG (RSG) provides a broad range of care and support services mainly to people with physical and/or sensory disabilities, older people and children throughout County Roscommon and surrounding areas
Locum Home Care Support Worker (20 hours minimum)
This position is to provide relief cover throughout Roscommon county for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Company transport will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Home Care Support Worker provides a professional, caring and holistic enhanced Home Support/Personal Care Service to the Older Person always as per the Home Care Plan. The Home Care Support Worker will assist the Service User in their own home by providing care, practical support and promote independence which will sustain or improve their quality of life.
Candidates should have the following:
• Major QQI Level 5 in Healthcare Support; Health Service Skills; Community Care; Nursing Studies or equivalent to or at a higher level
• Demonstrates flexibility & adaptability
• Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
• Full Clean Driving License
• First Aid and Children’s First training
• Ability to work on own initiative, independently & as part of a team
• Demonstrates motivation, reliability & commitment
Please contact Mrs Breda Joyce on 090 6625852/086 8033783 or email bjoyce[at]rsg.ie to request a detailed job description and person specification. A panel may be formed to fill future vacancies.
Applicants should forward their CV with covering letter in support of their application either by post or email to: Mrs Breda Joyce, Senior Manager, Roscommon Disability Support Group, Derrane, Co Roscommon, F42 WK60. Email: bjoyce[at]rsg.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications: Saturday 24th April 2021.
Roscommon Disability Support Group is an equal opportunities employer.