Job Description & Person Specification
CLOSING DATE: Friday 6 July 2018
Position: FINANCE MANAGER
Employer: County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG (RSG)
Location: Based in Derrane, County Roscommon
Hours: 35 Hours per week Monday to Friday
Due to operational needs there will be a degree of flexibility required
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract subject ongoing HSE funding
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer & Board of Management
Purpose of the post:
The role of the Finance Manager is to control and ensure;
• That the financial resources and staff under his/her control are managed as efficiently and prudently as possible in achieving the organisation’s aims and objectives
• Ensure that the financial affairs of the organisation and operate in accordance with best practice and through application of applicable accounting standards including Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
• The post holder will require proven accounting and management experience with good work ethic and professionalism
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Company accounts including income and expenditure, invoicing and approve Payroll for all HSE funded staff
• Secure sustainable financial funding streams
• Maintain financial records of all payments received and expended
• Management and Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash flow management
• Responsible for all financial matters and reporting any irregularities.
• Prepare accounts for auditing and submission to external company accountant.
• Prepare Monthly Management Financial Reports to Board of Management (BOM)
• Awareness of the different funding streams that may be available to the organisation
• Knowledge of the not for profit sector, corporate governance and charitable legislation
• Experience in change management with ability to effectively lead and articulate projects in line with company vision.
• Ability to delegate tasks and be a good problem solver.
• Be a good communicator and motivator of staff.
• Assess team building skills ensuring the team work together for a common goal.
• Have proven leadership ability to challenge, inspire, enable and encourage others to be competent.
• Ensure value for money is achieved at all times and efficiencies delivered accordingly.
• Communicate effectively with administration Staff and line management reporting to you.
• Conduct both formal and informal feedback discussions including yearly performance reviews with Staff Reporting to you.
• Prepare and oversee the completion of Reports for HSE to comply with their Service funding Arrangements and attendance at meetings as required.
• Participate in Subcommittee meetings when relevant and or attend Board meetings.
• Perform any other functions as delegated by CEO and Board of Management and as Business needs arise and deputise for CEO as required
• Ensure Health and Safety standards and Quality Assurance are complied with in all aspects of the job both in terms of facilities and work practices
• Oversee fund raising activities while ensuring an effective plan is in place and records are kept in accordance with relevant legislation
• Promote all Company services appropriately
• Comply with the requirements and use of CMS system (training will be provided in this area)
• Level 8 relevant qualification or equivalent in accountancy/ finance
• Strong planning and financial management with 3/5 years relevant experience
• Good working knowledge of financial control and systems within a business, corporate governance, quality assurance and charity legislation
• Experience of managing, monitoring and reporting on an agreed budget
• Excellent computer skills and computerised accounting
• Have good understanding of how business works and have a proven track record in finance, budgeting, negotiation with strong financial skills
• Must be efficient, flexible, well organised, decisive person with hands on approach and relevant senior management experience
• Ability to communicate well with others, has good people skills, and leads others by example and provides consistent direction in following the RSG vision
• The successful applicant will need to have the ability to work under pressure, manage own work load and work as part of a team.
• Be enthusiastic have a can-do attitude and a proven track record
• Have excellent organisational, planning, problem solving and decision making skills
• Be self-motivated and empowered
• Professionalism and confidentiality is of utmost importance.
• Full driving licence and own transport required.
The Contract will be a Fixed Term Contract subject to ongoing funding
There will be a probationary period of 6 months with a review at 3 months.
Garda Vetting which will be undertaken by RSG
A positive attitude towards working with people with disabilities is a pre-requisite.
The job description aims to provide an accurate and concise summary of the duties and responsibilities of the post; however it is not intended to be restrictive or absolute.
Staff members are expected to have a high level of flexibility, willingness to change and an ability to develop new approaches to their work as needs demand.
The Finance Manager must have a pro-active approach to work and be willing to go the extra mile.
This Job Description may be subject to some amendments
Salary €44,000 per annum
Travel by car conducted whilst on business will be paid at HSE rates per km
Annual Leave 25 days
Additional benefits including company sick pay following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Job shadowing will form part of the induction for the successful candidate.
County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG is an equal opportunities employer
Please email CV/application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Finance Manager”
or post for the attention of Ms M Bourke, County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG, Derrane, Co.Roscommon
Closing Date for receipt of applications: FRIDAY 6 JULY 2018
1. A comprehensive curriculum vitae giving details of relevant achievements in recent posts as well as your education and professional qualifications
2. A covering letter that summarises your interest in this post, providing evidence in your ability to match the criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
3. Details of your latest salary, notice period and names of 2 referees, together with a brief statement of the capacity in which they have known you and an indication of when in the process they can be contacted (please note we will not contact your referees without your express permission
4. Telephone contact numbers (preferably daytime and evening/mobile) which will be used with discretion.