County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG is committed to improving the quality of life and the standards of services to all people with disabilities, older people and children. Support is also available for families and carers.
Statement of Purpose
To aid and assist with the enhancement of the quality of life of all people, as appropriate.
The main objectives for which the Group is established are:
• To promote training, education and general rehabilitation and welfare of people with disabilities and older people;
• To promote the co-ordination and integration of services for people with disabilities and older people;
• To develop services for people with disabilities and older people according to their changing and or developing needs;
• To provide a Personal Assistant, Home Support, Assisted Living Service and or associated services to people with disabilities and older people in their home, workplace or socially
• To promote disability awareness and the philosophy of Independent Living among the general public;
• To provide a structured programme of information, advice, support and advocacy services for service users, staff, carers and families in respect of their rights, benefits and entitlements;
• To promote and provide person-centred flexible learning and training in partnership if appropriate, to people of all abilities.
Trusted Charity Mark
County Roscommon Disability Support Group CLG has recently achieved the Trusted Charity Mark at Level 1. This is a quality award of excellence which recognises the outstanding body of work RSG delivers as a voluntary organisation in Ireland and RSG’s commitment to quality of service delivery.